Friday 14 January 2011

There comes a time in every young woman's life...

Where she must sit exams to determine how well she will do in life. For me, that comes in the form of GCSEs, some of which I'm taking these next few weeks. So, what did I think was a good idea to do a few nights before my real examinations? Write a blog of course! Today, I'm going to be writing about the oh so interesting topic of revision. Because everyone wants to know how a random stranger revises, don't they?

Put simply, I can't revise. I don't do mind-maps, flip cards, notes, audio books, anything. Once I've learnt something I point blank refuse to go over it again unless I have the book that I learnt it from right in front of me. Take my History for example. Over the past few years I have made literally hundreds of notes on different topics, dates and names, events and time lines. But for the revision part of it all, I have to steal a textbook from school, pick it up, and read it. That is the only way that I will remember any facts, or orders of events.

Yes, I know, I know, I'm incredibly awkward, but then I have to write out all of the separate dates, because that is the one thing that I can't remember from solid revision, dates and time periods. I wonder why I even bother updating my History notebook, once it's been written in I never look at it again. Ever. God, this is such a rambling, nonsensical post. I wrote the first part a few days ago.

Since then, I got my English results back, I got an A! Out of the 300 students in my school who re-took their English, I was the only one who got an A. Though I should be proud of that, it was so depressing because everyone else was disappointed. I also only have two more exams to go; History and a 2 and a half hour German exam...I hate German, what a horrible, confusing language.

No comments:

Post a Comment